Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Water Park Fun

Well this week has been pretty hectic so I have decided to combine some of the challenges this week.  I have combined a sketch challenge along side a colour challenge.


This is the Colour Challenge of at Color Combos Galore

This Sketch Challenge can be found over at Sketch Inspiration


Using both of these challenges together I have come up with what I think is a lovely LO of my gorgeous son at the waterpark in Townsville as he spent the weekend with his dad for the first time in a lot of years.  I love the photo in this LO!!


This LO started with a smoky grey sheet of Bazzill.  I have used Gesso on the background, this is my first time using guesso!!


I then added the matting to my photo with some scrunched up script paper.  I have layered on top of this matting some lace which has been sprayed with some Glimmer Mist to add a bit of colour.  I have used this to add a "sheer" element to the LO.  I have then used some gorgeous shell paper that I had behind the matting which I thought tied in really well considering the water and the beach side of the photo.


After placing the photo and the matting down on the page I set to work with the banner.  I cut the triangles for the banner from some lovely patterened card that I had, I had originally planned to put the banner on either side of the LO as it is in the sketch, then decided that this LO really didn't need it.  So have adapted the sketch to suit the LO better.  I have used crochet thread to stitch the top of the banner.


I am going through a Prima phase at the moment so have used some of the gorgeous Prima Pearls on the corner of the photo just for an extra element in the top corner.
My craft room looks like it has had a bit of a Prima overload, but who can blame me.  It is just soooo gorgeous!!


I have used my Cricut Expression to cut the title of this LO.  I cut it out of the same paper that I got the banner triangles from, I thought this would help tie it all together.


The paper with the shells on it is double sided.  I turned it over to the lighter side and printed my journalling on it.  I was originally going to hand write the journalling but decided to print it onto the paper instead.  I think that it was the right decision.


Being in LOVE with Prima at the moment the page would not have been complete without some flowers.  I have added a couple of Prima's along with some other mini roses that I bought from Lincraft.
I have also added a feather butterfly to this LO just for a little bit extra.  I love butterflies and flowers and have only recently become a believer in the fact that they can also work on "Boy" LO's.


My little man Jayden is wrapped that I am now using flowers and butterflies on his LO's because he used to get a little upset about seeing all the beautiful flowers on my LO's of my daughter.  He is impressed that they can work for him as well.  So am I because now I just put flowers on everything!!!!
Why not when there are so many gorgeous ones out there!

I hope you have enjoyed my take on these 2 wonderful challenges. 

Head on over to Sketch Inspiration and Color Combos Galore and have a look at all of the other inspirational entries.  Why not join in yourself.

Thanks for looking & don't forget to Follow my blog and enter my Blog Candy Giveaway :-)
Have a Great Day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser