Saturday, May 21, 2011

GORGEOUS

My latest Layout has been inspired by 2 challenges. 
The first is a colour challenge over at Color Combos Galore.
This week is palette #193 and when I saw the colours I thought they were awesome.  I love the contrast that the black gives against the softer pinks and greens.


The second of the challenges was a........ Yep you guessed it........ Sketch challenge.
The sketch that has inspired this LO is over at Sketch Inspiration and is this weeks challenge #220


I really enjoyed both of these challenges.  I absolutely adore what I have created.


Yesterday I bought some modelling paste.  That soon became the basis for the background of my layout.  I have used the modelling paste and createdd a swirled texture backgroudn.  I have then scrunched up some lace material and stuck it on the page whilst the modelling paste was still wet.  When this was dry I watered down some pink paint and splashed it over the page............ the drying process of this page was painful because it took so long.  Next time I use this method I will just do it before I go to bed and then leave it overnight, rather then waiting for it to dry so that I can continue with the LO.


This is the title of my page which is raw chipboard that has been painted with white, dusted with glitter and then covered with glossy accents.  I have played with the colours of this photo in order to try and show you all of the rainbow colours that are through this glitter.  It is definately my favourite glitter that I have (and there is a fair few of them)


Yay another LO with flowers - funny that :-).  I just love flowers, I got a massive order of roses the other day and have used these for this flower cluster.  I have put in one prima flowers, just for a bit of variety, and because, it's Prima!!!
I have also used some sprays and some little curly things that are really cute that I also bought yesterday.  The pom pom ribbon was also a yesterday purchase and I just think it is adorable.  I had to put it on the page.
Anyway now that I have shown you the elements of the page here is the full LO:


Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog.  I hope that I have provided some inspiration for you.
Why not head on over to Sketch Inspiration and Color Combos Galore and join in the challenge for yourself.

Thanks for looking & for your comments.
Hope you have a fantastic day!!!

Don't forget to check out my Blog Candy while you are here :-)

1 comment:

  1. This is exactly what it says absolutely 'Gorgeous' I love it!!!

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xxx

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser