Tuesday, September 13, 2011

M.I.A

Well it has been a while since I have done any posting on my blog................ I seem to have lost my mojo.  Every single day I look around my craft room and think......... 'I really should do some scrapping' but alas I just don't seem to know where to start.  The funny thing is though, my lack of creating has not stopped me spending money on scrapbooking supplies.

Australian Scrapbooking Memories magazine recently ran their annual Scrapbook Masters competition.  With all of my good intentions to complete the 4 layouts and enter the competition my creative just packed up and ran away and even though I really wanted to I only managed to complete 2 of the 4 layouts required so was unable to enter the competition so instead I am going to share my 2 layouts with you all here.

The first layout features a photo of my gorgeous daughter & niece.  I absolutely adore this photo and I really love how this LO turned out.


This particular layout presented the challenge of using the colours Orange, Blue & Black.  Although these colours are not predominately girly colours I really wanted to challenge myself further and use them with a girly photo.




The second challenge that I completed was one that asked for some hidden journalling or memorabilia. For this challenge I decided to use my sons school photo and hide in the layout his school report card.






I absolutely love both of these layouts and am kicking myself for not entering the competition but unfortunately I just don't know where to start with finding my creative.  Here's hoping it turns up soon.
Thanks for looking and don't forget about my blog candy giveaway :)

Have a Great Day!!!

1 comment:

  1. Too bad you didn't enter...both layouts are very beautiful...LOVE the orange & blue with the B&W photo! Brilliant!

    ReplyDelete

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser