I absolutely loved the colour palette this week. As soon as I saw it I knew exactly what photo I wanted to use. The photo is one that I took a couple of weeks ago at Cape Hillsborough when my family got together for my Grandparents 80th Birthdays. Their birthdays aren't actually until next month but we celebrated early. It is a very big family and difficult to get everyone together. This photo is of my little princess Mackenzie and my gorgeous niece Mia.
I have used lots of different papers here, lots of flowers and I have even used some watered down paint and a straw to create the purple splatters. I have also got a light green painted circle on the base card that just pokes out under the photo and flowers.
I have also used some DA mini butterflies all over the page. This photo is a collage of close ups of the butterflies. I have actually done each butterfly with a different effect. The first is using painting the raw chipboard with smooch ink, then covering with glossy accents. The second is simply covering the raw chipboard with Kindyglitz. The 3rd is heat embossed with silver embossing powder. The 4th is covered with tacky glue and then had foil used over it. And the 5th is covered with Distress Crackle Paint and then lightly covered with IceStickles.
I love the little butterflies with all of their differenct effects scattered over the page. It makes for interesting elements.
This is a close up of the flowers used on the page............... can you find the butterflies?
Mostly Prima flowers with a few mini roses thrown in amongst them all.
A close up of my title that is a mix of chipboard & handwritten title. The chipboard has been covered in paint, then glitter, and then glossy accents. I have handwritten the word "Girls".
This is the decorative pin that I put together. The original pin started off as just the pin with the crystal bead at the top, I added the butterfly, pearl and green swarovski bead. I have tucked this in amongst the flowers and it is just another nice little element to look at on the page.
As mentioned earlier I have torn the page and then put it back together. I curled the edges and distressed them to let through a bit of colour from a patterened page that I added behind the tear. I then added a strip of rhinestones along the edge of the curl. Just to add a bit of interest to that area.
I didn't really know where to put the journalling on the page so decided to create a little pocket behind the photo that this tag just slides into and is discreetly hidden. All that is seen of the tag is the edge and the ribbon. As this is part of an album being made for my grandparents I thought it was important that the journalling tag can still be seen enough to know that something is there.
Thank you for looking. I hope that you have enjoyed this LO as much as I enjoyed creating it.
Have a fantastic day!!!
Don't forget about my blog candy giveaway :-)