Wednesday, May 4, 2011

I'M BACK!!!!!

Ok so I know that it has been a while since my last post.  I have to admit that I have been a bit slack, but in my defence I have also been incredibly busy.  I went away for the first week of the school holidays........... I took the kids to visit their Grandma & Poppy Rod in Yeppoon.  It was a fantastic week.  It has been a while since I have seen my family.  It ended up working out really well though.  I got to spend time with my baby brother & sister, and my big brother was also home from his job in Papua New Guinea so I got to spend some time with him aswell which was great.
Then we had the easter weekend - which was followed by an immediate "back to school".  Then no sooner did things settle down and I was off on another long weekend adventure.  This time it was to Seaforth - near Mackay.
Tash & the kids playing on the beach at Seaforth
Some of the family on the beach....... I think there was a game of Cricket happening here
It was a very exciting weekend.  A get together for my Grandma & Grandads' 80th Birthdays.  It was great to see that side of my family......... It has been a very long 12 years since I have seen most of them.  Even though we celebrated this weekend for their birthdays, they are not actually until next month.  I am creating an album for them for their birthday present.  Thankfully I have a little bit of time to get it done, however with the creative "block" that I seem to be suffering from lately I am really going to have to push myself to get it done.

I thought I would share with you the first page that I have created for the album. 
These photos are of myself, and my older brother & sister as kids



I had a bit of trouble getting this LO completed.  I am used to working with plain backgrounds and then adding the patterened paper and embellishments.  However this LO uses a patterened paper as the base paper so I struggled a little trying to work out how to make the background work with the embellishments.  I felt that the BG was a bit busy for my liking.  I got it done in the end though and do like the way that it came together. 
Anyway I am going to attempt to challenge myself this week and try and get at least 3 blog posts up........... I would love to say that I will do something new each day but I don't want to be unrealistic now.  So I will aim for 3 and be very pleased with myself if I achieve more.
Thanks for looking & don't forget to follow me and enter my blog candy giveaway.
Have a fantastic day!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser