Thursday, May 5, 2011

TCR #56

Ok well I did say in my last post that I was going to set a goal to do 3 new posts this week.  This is my first one!! YAY!! I sat down last night and prayed that my mojo would come back to me.  No such luck but I did manage to get Layout number 2 done for my Grandparents birthday present.  I have used the colour palette over at The Colour Room for this LO.

As much as I love the colours of this palette,  and I really love the inspiration picture (I am sure that everyone is fully aware of my Prima obsession), I really struggled with putting the colours together on my LO.  I managed to get through it though and this is what I came up with...........


 I started off with the base page which was just white cardstock.  I added to it some white embossed flourishes.  I then watered down some paints and poured them over the page.  I had to then wipe off the excess paint so that the flourishes came through.  I liked the outcome but after agonising over the colour palette I decided that the blue was "to blue".  I then came across a patterened paper that I had in a stack that had all of the colours worked into it.  I decided to use half of this (the more colourful half) to cover over some of the blue on the page.  So I tore it in half, distressed the other edges and stuck it down.  At this point I was ready to just give up!! I really didn't like how it was looking. But I perservered and after getting the rest of the elements on the page I have actually come to like it.  I would however really like to find my mojo........ it has been gone for a while now and I am really missing it.


Some Prima pearls and flowers along with some mini roses and a pattered brad make up some of the elements that started to turn this page around for me


Obviously I love flowers at the moment.  The title is chipboard that has been painted with yellow and then covered with glossy accents.


I have used some lace to add a bit more depth to the page aswell.  The more I look at the page the more I like it.


This is the decorative pin that I put together.  I really like the little added touch.  I knew that one day I would find a use for the beads I had lying around.

Thanks for looking............ If you happen to come across my missing Mojo please let me know.
Oh and don't forget about my blog candy giveaway!!

Hopefully I will be back tomorrow with another post.
Have a great day :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser