Monday, January 2, 2012

Happy New Year

Well I would like to start off by wishing everyone a very Happy New Year.  I hope that you all enjoyed your New Year celebrations and that the New Year brings you all that you desire.
Secondly I would like to apologise again for being M.I.A.  As most of you know the Christmas season sends us all into chaos and I just couldn't seem to find the time to scratch myself let alone do a blog post.  Although I did recieve some exciting news last month.............. I applied for a DT position with a well known Australian chipboard company A 2 Z Scraplets.  This is the first time I have applied for a DT position and I was thrilled when I recieved an email telling me that I had been successful.  My DT commitment starts this month but I was so excited that I forced myself to stay up later then usual and complete a layout for their December Sketch Challenge over on their A 2 Z Scraplets Blog.  The December Sketch Challenge is now closed but be sure to keep an eye out for the January one.  I am very excited about my creation for that one - can't share it with you yet though :) 


This is the sketch for the December challenge



This is my take on the sketch



I have used the A2Z Scraplets chipboard cogs in this LO and I have used perfect pearls and glossy accents to create a rusty distressed kind of look (photos don't do it justice).  I have also used a plastic disk which I have stamped a Kaszazz stamp onto with Archival Ink and then clear embossing powder.  This stamp matches the Kaszazz paper that I have used in this LO. 


I have used Prima flowers on the LO as well and created a decorative pin.  I am absolutely loving the way that it has turned out.


Thank you for looking and I hope that you have enjoyed this post.  Don't forget to check out my blog candy and I hope you have a fantastic day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Copyright 2009 All Rights Reserved | Compiled by Grace Holzhauser